The Accademia delle Belle Arti 'P. Vannucci' was founded in 1573 by Orazio Alfani and Domenico Sozi. As from the beginning of the 20th century the academy has occupied the former convent of San Francesco al Prato.
The entrance is from the portico that joins the Oratorio di San Bernardino with San Francesco al Prato.
The Museum includes an important gallery of plaster casts of 360 sculptures (including some by Canova), partly collected by the academy founders;
a collection of paintings by artists working in Umbria between the 19th and 20th centuries;
a collection of drawings and engravings, etchings and prints from the 16th to the 20th centuries.
Accademia delle Belle Arti 'P. Vannucci'
Piazza San Francesco al Prato, 5 [old town centre]